Mini Makeover part 3...the headboard

Hi everyone, I said I would post this today but was called away to see my sick sis. I quickly made my bed and tried to take some pics while I had the light.
Better late than never!

Here is my headboard we were so blessed to get as an old door from our church a few weeks back.



This door was original to our Church building which was built in 1899.



Here is the before. She had a few chips but not enough to make her chippy. I wasn't sure what to do with her and got a lot of suggestions and lovely comments from you all.  I thought about removing the old paint but didn't want to get into the whole lead thing. Even after a cleaning she still seemed a little "dirty" looking to me. I knew I had to finish her off in a way that I would feel comfortable spending all my nights with her!


Hubby and I put up some molding on the top to give it a finished look and  provide a little shelf. I gave her a couple coats of Ben Moore's "cloud white" which also match the night tables. I wanted to keep the paint color a little uniform to create a sense of space as the room is not that wide on this end.
As soon as I put my first coat of paint on her I knew I had made the right decision for me.
I love it!


Yes, Jack managed to get into another pic! I think he goes so well with the bed!



I added baskets under the table for extra storage space. I placed a couple of lovely crocheted pillow cases I got from GW in there for the pic but I'll be using the baskets  for junk magazines and books.




You get to see a pic of Jack and Tara. Seeing Tara in a pic is a rare sight as she is quite camera shy so I thought I would provide you all with the thrill of seeing her. Lol.



She's not shabby or chippy but hey! If you get to be 112 years old you may want a little paint job too! I'm really pleased with how she turned out!

I will probably post a part 4 to this mini makeover because I'm trying to milk it for all it's worth I've got a couple of  ideas for my blank wall. Stay tuned!

Be blessed

I'll be partying with these ladies this week:

Transformation Thursdays @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Decorating Shoestring
Show off your cottage Monday @ The house in the roses
Metamorphosis Monday @ BNOTP
The DIY showoff
Show me your style @ In  my own Style
Power of Paint Party @ Domestically Speaking
Furniture Feature Friday @ MMS